How to find out what app is causing pop ups: Are you tired of seeing pop-ups? We are in an age and time where every single person you encounter owns a smartphone. But, a smartphone is not just for Calling someone as it comes with so many applications.
Some of these applications are responsible to an extent for the unusual pop-up ads you see. Many a time, it almost seems like you are in a hide and seeks game trying to find out which application is playing the pop-up ad.
These pop-up ads are not only annoying, but frequent ads may also result in your device hanging up all of a sudden. Won’t it be easy if you can know what app is playing the ad, so, you can uninstall the app instantly? Make sure to read till the end to find a permanent solution to this issue.
So, in this article, we will discuss how to find out what app is causing pop-ups. Hopefully, you will find a solution here. Without further ado, let’s get started!!
Before we jump into the main topic, which is ”how to find out what app is causing pop ups”, let’s look at why we see them in the first place.
Why do you see the intrusive pop up ads?
Advertisements help earn money to the developers. Although many developers are aware of how annoying these ads can be to the user, they will still include pop-ups which help them earn some side income.
If a user watches the pop-up ad, the developer will see an increase in the revenue. In short, what one feels is annoying, the other one is making money from the very same thing.
How to find out what app is causing pop ups?
Identify what app is causing pop ups in an android device:
If you are an android device user who is dealing with this unpleasant issue. Then, read the instructions carefully to put an end to this issue permanently.
Check recently installed apps:
If you have installed any applications recently then check if they are causing the pop-ups or not. It is probably the first thing you need to do if you have only come across this issue recently after installing any apps.
Also, check the applications you have used the most, as they cause those intrusive ads. If all else fail, try to recall if you pressed install by mistake when a pop up was displayed and forgot.
But the issue has been persisting since the time you have purchased the device; you may have to examine the pre-installed apps. Once you know what app is causing the pop-ups, make sure to uninstall it.
But, if that app is more important to you, then look if the application has any subscription plans. This way, you can use the app without any pop-ups or the application will not cause any disturbance.
It is the only solution and is possible if you are okay with spending a few bucks on that said application.
How to find the app without an icon
There is another way to find the application that is causing the intrusive pop-up ads, without an icon. If you have installed the application recently or that app does not have a home screen, then this method will come in handy.
- For this, you need to go to the settings of your android device.
- Next, go to the application manager in the settings.
- Now, you will be directed to a page, where you will see all the apps installed by you. Check for the apps that have no icon. Also, check for the apps that have an icon; but no name to it.
This way, it will be easy to find the app that is causing the pop-ups without your permission.
Take the help of the Google play store
If the above method did not help you in finding the culprit app, then try using this one. Using this method, you can find out which application you have used the most. Further, you can investigate if that app is the culprit or not.
Follow the below-given steps to find the culprit app using the play store:
- For this, you need to first go to the google play store on your device.
- Next, click on three horizontal lines icon which is at the top left side of the play store window.
- Next, select my apps and games
- You will be redirected to a new window. There, click installed apps tab.
- A list of all the apps that you have installed and used till date will be displayed.
- There, sort the applications from the last used.
- Now, check out all the recently used applications that are causing inconvenience to the user, with their pop-ups.
This way, you can figure out what apps are causing the intrusive pop-ups.
Check device admin apps
It is another method to find out what app is causing the pop-ups in our article of ”How to find out what app is causing pop ups”.
This method majorly helps with finding the application that has taken over your device. Also, make sure to check the applications before giving permission to a different app.
Follow the below-given steps to check the device admin applications:
- You need to first go to the settings of your device.
- Next, click on security in the settings
- Here, the device admin apps are insecure
- Finally, turn all the applications that you find suspicious.
This way you can easily find device admin applications that are causing the pop-ups if any. Also, make sure to check before giving permissions to any application.
Also, check what kind of permission is being granted to an application to avoid any such issues.
Use detector applications
If all the methods in our “How to find out what app is causing pop ups” has failed. Try using this method as a last resort.
With the help of a detector app, one can easily find what app is causing the pop-ups. App watch is one of the most used apps when it comes to detecting an app.
It is popularly known among hundred other applications, that promise to find the application that is causing an issue.
One of the basic features of this app is, it monitors all the applications without fail. App watch accesses all the activities of the applications from their notifications in the quickest way possible. You can easily install this application from your devices google play store at free of charge.
How to stop pop-up ads
After finding out which application is causing the pop-up ads. The next task at hand is to uninstall it. If it is a pre-installed app, that came along when you purchased the device. You will not be able to uninstall them, in this case, try disabling the app.
To disable a pre-installed application, follow the below steps:
- First off, you need to go to the settings of your device.
- Next, click on the application manager.
- Now, locate the app and click on it.
- Finally, clear all the data and cache of the app and tap on disable.
This way, you can stop the pre-installed application from running any pop-ups.
- Dual boot Kali Linux with Windows 10
- Disable Windows 10 updates
- How to remove External USB safely from PC
- Best Bootable USB Software
- Windows Defender Turned Off by Group Policy Fixed
- Best Ram Cleaner for Pc
- Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization In Windows 10
- How to find out what app is causing pop ups
- Best Folder Lock Software for Windows
- Methods to Download Embedded Videos online For Free
- fix 0xc0000005 The application was unable to start correctly
- Best Dublicate files finder for PC
- Fix com.lge.shutdownmonitor
we hope this article has been helpful to you. In this article, we have shared all the information on “How to find out what app is causing pop ups”.
So next time, when you see a pop-up ad, don’t just click on the cross mark. But find a solution and put a check to the issue permanently by using the above-mentioned methods.
The applications that cause pop-ups are mostly game apps, torch or flash apps, music app etc., make sure to check them first. All you need to do is, just find the application and uninstall.
If you have any queries related to the article let us know in the comment section below. If you know any other method that has worked for you and is not included in our article, share it with us in the comments.
Feel free to share this article with your family and friends that are dealing with the same issue.