The content://com.android.browser.home/ is a code or a link that is mostly used to set default home pages in browsers such as Chrome, Opera etc.
If you are a smartphone user, then you would be aware that the smartphones are always integrated with a browser and a default homepage.
Not many like the default page and if you are one of them and wanted to change it then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will share with you all the relevant information regarding what is content://com.android.browser.home/ and also how to change the default homepage of your browser.
First, let us know what is content://com.android.browser.home/. Read on!!
WHAT IS content://com.android.browser.home/ ?
As we mentioned, content://com.android.browser.home/ is the URL or a link that specify the default homepages in the browsers. As you all know there are many browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.
Each one of these browsers has its unique default homepage that is stored in content://com.android.browser.home/. All of these browsers have an option that let their users customize the homepages according to their preferences.
Nevertheless, each one of these browsers has a different method to customize the default homepage. Make sure to read till the end as we have come up with a simple yet detailed guide that will help you set the default homepage in different browsers according to your liking.
- Pubg Names
- Best 10MB games for Android
- Download GB WhatsApp APK
- Download Kinemaster for PC
- Instagram Usernames
- App Cloner Pro Apk Download
- Best Selfie Camera Apps
- Best PS3 Emulators for PC & Android
How to set the default browser on an android phone?
Firstly, let us see how to set the default browser on Android OS devices. However, setting your favorite browser like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera as your default browser is a universal process. Below given method works for every Android Smartphone and also Tablet.
- First of all, go to Settings on your Android OS device.
- Next, go to the Installed Apps/Manage Apps section that shows all the Apps that are installed on your phone.
- Click on three vertical dots on the top right corner of your device. Now, select Default Apps and Click on the Browser options.
- Next, select your favourite browser that you want to set as your default browser.
- And that’s it!! You have successfully set your default browser.
Now all your searches will open in your favourite browser automatically. Now, it is time for you to choose your default homepage. Make sure to scroll down to know more information on how to set a default home page on different browsers.
How to set the default homepage on the browser?
As we have already mentioned, the different browser has a different way to set the default homepage. Below we have given a simple guide that will help you learn how to set the default homepage in browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
1. Set default homepage on google chrome:
If Google browser is your preferred default browser, then follow the below-given steps to set the default homepage.
- First, open Google Chrome browser on your Android device or tablet and click on three verticle dots on the top right corner of your device.
- Next, open Settings. Under basics, you will be able to see the Home page option. If there is no homepage option on your device then follow step 3 & 4. And if there is a Homepage option on your device then directly jump to step 5.
- Search Chrome://flags/ in your chrome browser. This will open an experiment page.
- In the experiments page itself, search for “Force Enable Home Page Button” and enable it. Next, relaunch the Chrome browser twice and go to settings again. There, you will see the Home page option.
- In the Home page option, click on “Edit homepage” and type the browser URL that you want to set as a default home page and save it.
- Next, relaunch the Google Chrome browser. And you will see your custom default homepage.
2. Set default homepage on Mozilla Firefox:
Follow the below-given steps to set the default home page on Mozilla Firefox.
- First, open the Mozilla browser on your Android device and click on three verticle dots on the top right corner.
- Next, go to settings and select the General option.
- Now, go to Home to customize your homepage and then to Set a Homepage.
- Select Custom and enter the URL of your preferred homepage that you want to set as your default Homepage on Mozilla.
- Next, click OK and close the browser.
- Finally, open the Mozilla browser to see your preferred default homepage.
3. Set default homepage on Opera:
Below is a step by step guide on how to set the default homepage on opera.
- First, you need to open the Opera/Opera Mini browser on your Android device/Tablet. Next, click on the Opera icon from the bottom right corner.
- Now, open Settings. And disable News, trending searches, recent searches and also Opera notifications from the settings.
- Now, go back to Opera Homepage and delete all the Speed dial sites.
- Next click on the “+” icon to enter the name and URL of your preferred browser. Now enter the name and URL to set your default Homepage. At last, click on the Save icon.
- Finally, open the Opera browser and click on the newly customized Speed dial site or default homepage.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. In the above article, we have shared the information about what is content://com.android.browser.home/.
And also different ways to customize the default homepages in different browsers. If you have any further queries or doubts regarding this post let us know in the comment section below.
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends.