Enable push to talk in Discord on PC and Mobile: Wondering what push to talk means? Don’t know, who uses Discord push-to-talk? Then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will discuss what push to talk in discord on pc and mobile. Since VOIP (Voice over internet protocol) calling application was invented for uninterrupted communication for gamers.
A Discord server also provides seamless communication when in an intense match. Discord similar to VOIP allows voice chats for the gamers.
But, Discord produces better and high-quality voice calling without any issues. Without further ado, let us jump into the main topic of our article, which is ”how to enable push to talk in Discord on pc and mobile.”
What is Push to Talk in Discord?
If you are a beginner, then it is quite understandable why, you are confused over P TT (Push To Talk) and regular communication method. we will try our best to break this down and put it in simpler words for your easy understanding.
PTT or push to talk is a popular term in the gaming industry, especially among gamers. Gamers are required to press a button on the keyboard to use voice chat.
By default, you are required to either configure or enable Push to Talk in Discord manually. This way, you can join the voice channel for a seamless communication line.
How you can Enable push to talk in Discord on PC and Mobile?
To Enable Push to Talk in Discord on pc and mobile quite is easy. We recommend you all to update the software to the latest version for a smooth and effortless experience.
Follow the instructions given below to enable push to talk in discord.
- For this, you need to first launch Discord application on Windows or Mac OS or Linux. There will be no change in user-interface on desktop-class programs or web application.
- Next, access the user settings located at the bottom of your device’s screen. There, Click on the gear icon.
- In the settings section, you will be able to see Voice & Video. Click on it to view more options.
- In the Video & Voice settings, find Input Mode and finally select Push to Talk.
That is it !! You have now successfully converted Voice Activity to Push to Talk. End the program on your computer, and restart it to apply the changes.
If you are using a desktop that has an external microphone connected to it. In this scenario, settings apply to inbuilt hardware and external hardware.
If at all, the Discord microphone does not work. Make sure to set microphone preferences in the audio manager of your device.
Enable Push to Talk in Discord on Smartphone?
Majority of the discord members communicate using a smartphone. So, there is no way we ignore or leave behind mobile discord users.
Mobile communicators are as important as desktop-class consumers. Follow the below-given instructions to enable Discord push to talk on an Android and other devices.
- For this, you need to open the application and swipe left on the screen to view more options. Here, tap on the gear icon located at the bottom. In this case, we are talking about user settings.
- Next, scroll down till you locate Voice & Video, and tap on it.
- The first function is Input Mode and click on Push to Talk.
How to configure Push To Talk on iOS Device?
Most of the registered users do not know how to configure; since PTT is not a popular option. Let us see how you can configure the Push-To-Talk on iPhone and iPad.
- Firstly, Join any Discord server voice channel.
- Next, tap on the gear icon located at the top-right corner to start the process.
- Now, Tap on Input Mode to change the mode.
- Next, select Push-To-Talk from the options and further tap on the selection to confirm changes.
- Make sure double-check Input Mode for Push-To-Talk option, and tap Close to end the process.
- Finally, click on the Push-To-Talk button highlighted at the bottom of the section. And that’s it!! You can now speak and communicate with your team members effortlessly.
You do not have to apply the settings universally in Discord. Change the settings according to the requirements.
Nevertheless, one thing the users need to remember. Always keep the screen backlight on to use this feature.
The voice will pass through and reach the other person, only when you press the button on the screen.
How to change Push to Talk Key in Discord?
As we all know, AAA title games provide a PTT function, but they set one key by default. Nobody likes to get into trouble while playing the intensive match.
Most often than not, players set T or K. This collides with games like Players Unknown Battle Ground or Counter-strike Global Offensive.
It is necessary to set permanent keybinding, to make sure it does not strike with Apex Legends or other games.
- For this, click on the user settings gear icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, click on Voice & Video, and select Push to Talk in the input mode.
- There, you will be able to see the option Record Keybind and click on it. Now, carefully select a key on the keyboard.
- There is always an option to reset it. To reset the key, all you need to do is click on the same option (which is record keybind), and re-enter a new key from the keyboard.
Also, make sure to change the keyboad on Battle Royale as it can intrude at some point in your match.
We recommend setting the key based on multiple games. To be on the safe side, we recommend considering various games, when it comes to setting the key for PTT.
- Instagram Follow unfollow script
- How I got 12k followers in 4 Months (Organically)
- Enable push to talk in Discord on PC and Mobile
- How to calculate SGPA, CGPA and there percentage
- How to write Leave application letter
- How to Create IRCTC Account
- Amazon Quiz Aswers Today
We hope this article has been helpful to you. In this article, we have discussed, how you can enable push to talk in Discord on PC and mobile.
To Enable push to talk in Discord on PC and Mobile takes only a few seconds to complete the process. In some scenarios, the program does not function at all.
We have provided the information to resolve this issue as well. If you have any queries related to this article, let us know in the comment box.
Feel free to share this article with your family and friends.