If you are searching for a way to delete your telegram account then you have come to the right place. Here we are going to explain how you can delete telegram account permanently. we are also going to explain how to delete your telegram data on both your phone and PC. simply follow the steps below and learn how to delete telegram.
Telegram is a cloud-based messenger with a focus on speed and security.where one can send messages, photos, videos of any type as well as create groups or channels. if you don’t want to keep all your data on your device, telegram always lets you keep it in the cloud. an individual can use telegram on all of their devices at the same time.
How to delete your telegram account
- First, open the internet browser and open this link https://my.telegram.org/auth which will take you to a page saying delete the account or manage apps.
- Enter your phone number and tap next to receive a confirmation code via Telegram (not SMS).
- Now open the Telegram app on your phone and log in to your account.
- Open the message with the web login code sent by telegram.
- Copy the login code and go back to the internet browser to enter the confirmation code, and click sign in.
Internet browser → delete the account and manage apps → enter confirmation code → sign in
Now select delete account under your telegram core. in the next window, you will see some information about deleting your account which says, you will not be able to retrieve any of your messages and contacts once deleted. all groups and channels you’ve created will be left without a creator(admins will have access/rights).
Note: only delete your account if you no longer want to use Telegram. if you want to sign up using the same phone number it may take up to 10-15 days.
If you decided to delete your account then mention why you want to leave in the empty box under why you are leaving? which is optional and click done. then you will see a pop-up window saying are you sure? select yes, delete my account. you will see a confirmation note in the delete your account page that says your account was successfully deleted from our system. come back soon.
Now let’s see how to delete telegram data using both via phone and PC.
- Putlocker Alternative
- WhatsApp Group Links
- Delete Instagram Account
- WhatsApp Group Names for Friends
- WhatsApp DP for girls
- Attractive WhatsApp DP
- Thop TV APK
- Thop TV for PC
- PUBG Names
- Download Kinemaster for PC
- Delete Gmail Account
- Deactivate Naukri Account
- Delete Kik Account
How to delete telegram data via phone
- Log in to your account and tap on three horizontal lines in the top left corner. select settings in the menu bar and click on data and storage.
- Now select storage usage where you will see keep media,
- You can choose to keep your media for a selected time period( 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, forever). tap on clear cache which below keeps media.
- As soon as you click clear cache you will see a list of media files which is related to your telegram data,
- You can uncheck the media files you want to keep and tap clear cache to free up the storage space.
- Select the local database to clear cached text messages.
Settings → data and storage → usage → clear cache
- You can also stop media from downloading automatically, select settings and tap on data and storage.
- Here, you will see automatic media downloads where you can disable media from downloading without your consent.
Settings → data and storage → automatic media download
How to delete telegram data via PC
- First of all, open a telegram application on your PC and log in to it.
- Click on 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner of the page.
- Now select settings that will take you to a pop-up settings menu.
- Choose advanced which is in between chat settings and language.
- Under data and storage section you will see manage local storage,
- Tap on it. click on clear all under local storage in the pop-up window to delete your data.
Settings → advanced → data and storage → manage local storage → clear all
We hope this guide has helped you in deleting your telegram account and data. if you have any further queries or doubts related to deleting the telegram account, please let us know in the comment box below. Feel free to share this post with your friends who are using the telegram account.