Delete Gmail Account: Hello people, Welcome to techy Guide. If you are looking to deactivate your Gmail account then you have come to the right place. here I am going to briefly explain how to deactivate Gmail account with step by step explanation
Well, we all know that everyone has more than 1 Gmail account for various reason. some want to keep them for few reasons and some want to delete there another Gmail account which is not in use for so long time or for any other reason.
I myself have more than 5 Gmail accounts which I use for various reason and I never felt to delete any. but if you want to delete your Gmail account then do follow the steps mentioned below carefully and delete your Gmail and other Google services linked to that account.
I am going to explain how to delete your Gmail account both via phone as well as via your PC.
NOTE: Once the Gmail account is permanently deteted then you will be able to recover that account within a few days. once you finish the deadline then you will no longer be able to recover the account.
Things to remember before deleting Gmail accounts
- Once you have deleted your Gmail account you will have some time to recover back
- You can select which Google services linked to your Gmail need to be deleted
- Before deleting think for what purpose you have created this Gmail account.
- Take some time and think if you may get any important email in the future.
- You can delete your Gmail account with the help of mobile app as well
- If you want to delete your gmail then you need to enter your password to confirm.
- You will have an option to download your Gmail and other linked services data into your PC/Mobile
Delete Gmail Account Permanently
Delete Gmail Account Via Mobile App
In case if you do not have Gmail app then please download the app from the below link and by default, most of the smartphones come with the Gmail app installed on their phone so if you have one then ignore the downloading process.
- First of all, open your Gmail app on your mobile phone and click on the 3 lines which are on the top left corner of the app.
- There you are going to find all your email accounts and select the account which you want to delete.
- Now scroll down till the end until you see the option called “Help & Feedback“
- After opting the options help & feedback option you need to open “Delete your Gmail account“
- Once you open that you are going to find the guide to delete. but simply scroll down until you see step 3: Delete your account.
- In that step 3, you will see Delete your google account in the blue color text as you can see in the below image.
- Simply click on the delete Gmail account and in the next step it will as to enter the email address & password of which you want to delete the account.
- Now in the next step, it will show to please read everything carefully. In simple words, it will say once the account is deleted you can no longer be able to rever the account and you will be given a download data option to download all your data which is linked with that Gmail account.
- I suggest you download that data and scroll down till the end and click on the two boxes.
- Once you check on the two options the next step is to click on the “Delete Account“
- After Deleting the account you will see the below image window saying if you have accidentally deleted your account then you will have a short time to recover back.
- That’s it. You have successfully downloaded your email account with the help of your Gmail app and your mobile phone.
Delete Gmail Account Via PC
Here you are going to learn how to delete your Gmail account and other related Google services permanently. We have also shared all the step screenshots for better understanding.
simply follow these steps carefully and delete your Gmail account permanently and once you have deleted your account you will have some time to restore your Gmail and other linked account.
but once the time is finished then you can no longer be able to recover your Gmail account back.
- First of all, Login to your email account which you want to delete and click on the settings button which is on the top right corner.
- Now select the option Setting and goto accounts & import> Change Account Settings> Other Google account settings
- Click on the option Delete profile & remove related Google+ features.
- Now you have to select which Google services you want to delete. if you want to delete all then check all the boxes and enter the current password of that account.
- After entering the password enable Yes, I want to delete my account and yes I acknowledge box as well.
- After enabling both the boxes simply click on the “Delete Google Account“
- That’s it. You have successfully deleted your Gmail account as well as other linked google services.
We hope you have successfully deleted the Gmail account by following our brief step by step explanation. If you are facing any problem then comment below so that we will try to help you in deleting your Gmail account permanently with the help of mobile or via the pc. Feel free to share your experience and also share this post with the people who want to delete there extra email accounts which are not in use.