Delete Spotify Account: Hello people!! welcome to techy guide. If you are tired of disruptive ads and are willing to delete your Spotify account then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will walk you through a step by step guide on how to delete your Spotify account.
Make sure you stay with us till the end as we are planning to explain both the deletion process and also how to unsubscribe premium plans in detail.
Before we jump into the step-by-step process let us first educate ourselves about Spotify music streaming platform and why many people are deleting their accounts permanently.
- How to delete Phonepe account
- How to delete Gmail account
- How to delete Kik Account
- How to delete telegram account
- How to delete Naukri account
- How to delete Instagram Account
- How to delete TikTok account
- How to delete Spotify Account Permanently
Spotify is a music streaming app providing audio streaming services, launched in the year 2008. It has both freemium and paid subscription services available.
This Swedish based music and podcast streaming platform grew to massive success with over 286 million monthly active users and 130 million paid subscribers.
You can have access to over 50 million tracks and podcasts of various artists from all across the world.
If this still isn’t enough information to keep you adhere on the site, and you made your mind to delete your Spotify premium account, read on.
Spotify Prepaid Plans:
Spotify has attractive plans under paid subscription services in a hope that freemium users will upgrade to the paid version.
There are four plans available in total. One is an Individual plan providing offline listening and download option for a single account at ₹119 per month.
The second plan is called DUO which is particularly made for couples.
This plan provides offline streaming and download option with new playlists curated by Spotify every day for two accounts at ₹149 per month.
The third is the Family plan that allows up to 6 accounts at ₹149 per month. You can have access to offline streaming and download with a new playlist curated by Spotify every day.
The Fourth and the final plan is for students with a special discount. This plan provides access to offline music listening and downloads with curated playlist every day at ₹59 per month.
The freemium version does not allow you to download tracks for online listening and streams ads now and then which can a little annoying.
But if you are feeling like you have had enough of this music streaming platform and might want to delete your Spotify account.
Because you prefer other streaming apps over Spotify, like Apple Music or Amazon Music or Bandcamp etc.
Which allows you to enjoy your favourite music without any advertisements in between.
There are many alternatives to Spotify available on the internet with far more good features.
Thankfully, the deletion process of Spotify premium is quick and easy. All you need to do is follow the instruction we have given.
Below is the step-by-step guide that will further help you to delete your Spotify account permanently.
How to delete Spotify account
Firstly, you need to cancel your subscription if you are a Spotify Premium customer before closing your account.
By doing so, any playlists you have downloaded for offline listening will be removed; you do not own or have access to that playlist as soon as you end your subscription. In simple words, you will lose the locally downloaded or stored playlists.
But, if you just unsubscribe from premium version. But continue to use Spotify Freemium plan, you will have access to those playlists and will be stored in your listening history.
However, if you still want to delete Spotify completely. Bare in mind that you will lose access to those playlists permanently both on and offline.
Moreover, deleting your Spotify account permanently will mean you will lose your username along with your playlists. Plus, if you have subscribed for a student discount and decided to return to Spotify.
You will not be able to open another account until a year after you first registered or signed up for it. Also remember,
you cannot delete your account using the Spotify app and you need to sign in to your account on their official website.
Here is how to delete to your Spotify account:
- First, you need to open the Spotify homepage on a web browser and log in to your account.
- Click “Help” from the menu which is in the upper right-hand corner.
- Now, type “close your account” or “delete Spotify account” in the search box.
- Select “Close Account” which is provided under ” don’t have premium?” if you have unsubscribed.
- Next, you will be taken to a window that says “hello.how can we help you?”. Click on “Account” from the drop-down menu.
- In the next window click on “I want to close my account” in the drop-down menu.
- Now you will be directed to a new window that has two options for you to choose from:
- Select “Close Account” if you wish to delete your account permanently where you will lose your playlists and podcasts.
- The second option is “keep your free account” where you can still have access to their freemium plan. This means you are unsubscribing from your prepaid plans.
And Voila!! you have successfully deleted your Spotify account or unsubscribed from premium plans.
We hope this article has been helpful to you in deleting your Spotify account and also in unsubscribing from premium plans.
If you have any queries regarding the deletion process of Spotify account or just Spotify audio streaming platform let us know in the comment box below.