Well as I said before you can connect any domain to any hosting company. so here in this post, I am going to share how you can connect a big rock domain to a virtual private server with the help of IP address instead of name servers. We have also shared how to connect your big rock domain to GoDaddy hosting via nameservers.
This is same as the name servers but here you will just paste the IP address of your VPS into he a record but not into the name servers. So simply follow the steps below and learn how to connect big rock domain to VPS GoDaddy hosting.
Connecting Big Rock Domain to GoDaddy VPS hosting via IP Address
- First of all, you need to create a cpanel in your WHM account of GoDaddy hosting. if you do not know how then check our post how to create Cpanel in WHM
- After creating a Cpanel account simply copy your IP address which you can easily find at the URL of your Cpanel. see the image below.
- Simply copy that IP address and paste it in the A record of big rock domain.
- To create A record goto domain name settings and scroll down till the end. In the end, You will find the option called DNS Management
- In DNS management you will find Manage DNS. click on that and a window will popup
- If you want WWW in front of your domain then enter @ in hostname or leave it blank and enter the IP address of your GoDaddy VPS hosting in Destination IPv4 Address and click on Add record.
- That’s it. you have successfully linked your big rock domain to GoDaddy VPS hosting via IP address.
- Make sure you have copied the correct IP address of your VPS hosting
- Check your domain is pointing to your VPS IP address by entering Ping Domain.com in CMD
- It will take up to 24 hours for DNS update
I hope you have successfully linked your Big rock domain to your GoDaddy VPS hosting without facing any problem. If you have any them please check our check points and if you are still facing the problem then do comment below and we will try to help you. If this post is helpful to you then share this post on social media.