How to remove bookmarks on mac: Bookmarked a website and want to delete it now but don’t know how to delete it on your MacBook? do not worry we have shared the step-by-step article on how to delete bookmarks on chrome, safari, and firefox browser.
Depending on the browser you are using follow the method and delete your bookmarks. We have also shared how you can edit, enable bookmark or rename the bookmark so that you don’t have to search online once again.
Also Check: How to eject water from iPhone
How to remove bookmarks on mac
We have shared three different browsers bookmark deleting methods. along with other bookmark-related guides.
How to delete bookmarks on Safari Browser?
- First of all, open your Safari browser.
- Once you open the browser click on the sidebar icon which you can see in the below image.
- Now in the sidebar, it will show you all your favorites and bookmarks.
- Select bookmark and it will list all the bookmarks you added.
- Now if you want to delete multiple bookmarks then select them and click on the delete button.
- That’s it. You have successfully deleted bookmarks on your Macbook.
How to delete bookmarks on chrome Browser
- Open up your chrome browser and click on 3dots which are on the top right corner.
- Now select option bookmarks which are below downloads.
- Click on the option “Bookmark Manager” and a new bookmarks window will open
- From here you can manage your bookmarks list. you can edit, or delete your bookmarks.
- I personally use Chrome as my default browser and have tones of bookmarks that are related to my work.
- I frequently add new bookmarks and delete some unnecessary bookmarks as well.
- If you have enabled the “Show bookmark bar” then you will be able to see a list of bookmarks below the URL. You can also directly manage from the bar.
How to delete bookmarks on Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser, If you have the bookmarks toolbar enabled then you can directly delete the bookmarks from there.
- All you have to do is select the one you want to delete and click on it and it will show you the options.
- Select the option delete and the bookmark will be deleted from the list.
- If you don’t have the bookmarks toolbar enabled then click on the 3dots and select the Bookmarks option.
- In the end, you will find the bookmarks manager. Select it and delete the bookmark you want through the manager.
How to edit bookmarked URL
To edit the bookmarks follow the same process for any browser but instead of deleting the bookmark select edit and you can then able to edit the URL of the bookmark.
How to move/Arrange bookmarks
If you are using a bookmark bar then arranging your bookmarks is one of the important things. I personally do a lot of bookmarks arrangements and all you have to do is to click and old the bookmark and move it where ever you want. either to the front or to the end of the list.
How to rename Bookmark.
I personally rename a lot of bookmarks with shortcuts so that the name does not consume a lot of space in the bookmarks bar. Simply click with two fingers and select the option rename and rename it with a shortcut name.
How to enable/hide bookmarks toolbar
Bookmark toolbar or bookmark bar or bookmark sidebar. Different browsers have different names for it and if you have a lot of bookmarks and use them regularly then you should have the bookmarks bar enabled. To do that on chrome and firefox click on the 3bots> select Bookmarks and click on show bookmarks bar/toolbar.
We hope you have learned how to delete bookmarks on chrome, safari, and firefox browsers. if you have any issues then do let us know and feel free to share this post with your friends and family members.