How to Port Vodafone to Jio: Want to change your existing number from Vodafone to Jio? Have network issues for Vodafone or don’t like the plans?
Willing to change your network for some other reason? then you have come to the right place.
Here in this article, we have explained everything about porting to jio from Vodafone.
We have also explained how the KYC process is done and also how to order your jio sim online and offline.
Also check: How to send Gift Messages on Instagram
How to port Vodafone to Jio
First of all, you have to send a message from your Vodafone number to the port. And you can only port your number only after 3 months from the date of purchase.
- Goto messages and type “PORT Your Number” and send it to 1900.
- Once you send the port message you will get the UPC code on your Vodaphone number.
Offline Jio Port method:
Go to the nearest Jio store with this UPC code with your Aadhar card and they will do the rest of the process and give you your Jio sim.
Online Jio Port Method:
- Go to the play store and download my Jio app on your phone.
- Click on the 3line, you will find the option “Join Jio” and select the option “Port to Jio”
- It will again ask you Prepaid SIM or Postpaid SIM.
- In the next step, it will ask you to enter the home address so enter the correct address. The agent will come to the given address and complete your KYC at your home and hand over your new JIO sim.
- In the end, you will get the details of the delivery boy and the time of delivery.
JIO KYC Process:
This guide is just for educational purposes. You cannot use this app by yourself.
- Your agent will use the Jio POS plus app to complete your KYC.
- At first, he will open the app and go to Jio Digital Registration.
- Now he will select the MOBILITY option in the Select order type and click on OK.
- It will show Digital KYC(Aadhar) & Digital KYC (Non-Aadhar)
- Depending on your verification ID card, Agent will select the option Aadhar & non Aadhar.
- If your verification ID is Aadhar then he will choose Aadhar and ask for your Aadhar number.
- Once the Aadhar number is entered agent will click on next and take your Aadhar card front & backside image.
- Now the agent will take your image from his phone and also the agent will take his photo.
- After that agent will take your alternate number to which you will get OTP.
- The agent will ask for OTP and other details like your father’s name, Email, your house address.
- Once this step is finished, The next one is about porting your number and there your agent will ask for your mobile number which you want to port, the UPC code that you generated on your Vodafone, and the date.
- Now the agent asks for another OTP for verification and you are done. The agent will give you your new jio sim card with your Vodafone number.
- That’s it. Your number has been successfully ported to jio number.
Jio Port faqs:
Can we port Vodafone to jio?
Yes, you can port your number from Vodafone to jio. All you have to do is send SMS “PORT 950*********” TO 1900 and got to the nearest jio office with the MNP number and ID proof.
Is porting to jio free?
Yes porting to jio is free but you have to do a recharge.
How do I change my Vodafone number to jio
You can port your number from Vodafone to jio by simply sending SMS “Port 950XXXXXXX” to 1900 to get your UPC Code. Goto any jio office or order your jio sim online.
Can we port sim online to jio
Yes, you can port your sim online. Simply download the jio app and order your sim.
Can we port sim at home?
Yes, you can port your jio sim at home. Just Get your UPC code and order the sim using jio app.
How many times I can port my number
You can port as many times as you want. but you have to use any network for a period of 90 days. This is the only requirement to port.
Can I port my new sim?
If you have not finished 90 days with your new Network then you cannot port your number.
Can I port my sim twice?
Yes, you can port as many times as you can but you have to spend at least 90 days using the service.
Can I port without sending an SMS
Not possible without sending SMS, You need a UPC code to port, and to get it you have to send an SMS “PORT 950XXXXXXX” to 1900 to get that UPC code.
We assume that you have successfully learned how to port your Vodafone number to jio using our online and offline methods. If you are facing any issues then do let us know about it and feel free to share this post with your friends and family members who want to learn about Vodafone to jio porting process.