How to find wifi password on windows 10: It may happen that you forget the password of your Wifi connection Or your family member or office colleague may have connected to the wireless connection but forgot to share the password with you.
At this point, if you need to find the Wi-fi password, you can do it through the network & share centre or by using the command prompt. So simply follow the below steps and learn how to check the wifi password on windows 10.
How to find wifi password on windows 10
There are two ways you can find a wifi password on your windows 10 pc and using these methods you can directly check your Wifi password. If you are facing any issues and not able to get your password then we have shared a WPS method where you can connect your devices directly without entering any password.
Finding Wifi Password on Windows 10 using Network & Share Center:
The images which we have used are of windows 11 but the process is the same on windows 10 and 11 as well.
- Go to the search bar and search for the control panel.
- In the control panel select the option Network and sharing centre
- In the Network and sharing centre, you will find your active networks. Under that, you will find connections and click on wifi.
- A wifi status window will pop up on your screen which shows the status of your wifi connection. Under that, you will see Wireless properties, Click on that.
- Now again another window of your wifi will popup, Select the Security tab.
- In security you will find the Network security key, Simply click on Show characters and you will be able to see your wifi password.
Also Check: Wifi Connected No Internet
Find Wifi Password Using CMD in Windows 10
- Goto Search and type CMD and open as Administrator, type cd/ to remove system32.
- Now type “netsh wlan show profile” command to show all the wifi profiles that your PC/Laptop has connected so far
- After entering the command hit enter and it will show you all the wifi profiles list.
- Choose the wifi profile which you want to know the password and again type “netsh wlan show profile iPhone key=clear”
It will show all the details related to that wifi profile along with the password under security settings> Key content. You can check the image below.
Also ChecK: How to kick people off your Wifi
How to connect wifi without password
If you want to connect your wifi without entering the password then you can but all you need is access to that wifi router and then click on the button call WPS which is on the backside of almost all routers.
If you can click on the WPS button then you will be able to connect your wifi without entering the password and you have to connect wifi within 1 min after clicking the button.
WPS will be on only for one min and after that, it will be turned off automatically. Some routers automatically disconnect WPS when a device is connected and they don’t wait for one min.
The above are the two best methods to find the password of your connected wifi. both methods show you the wifi password. if one didn’t work tried another method.
Both the methods are simple and easy to check your wifi password on your Windows 10. not just windows 10 but also any version of windows can follow this method to check wifi password.
Feel free to share your experience about how to find a wifi password on windows 10. If you have any problem then do join our Facebook group for instant help from the experts.