how to change wifi password spectrum: The world is changing rapidly with each passing day, so does internet technology around the globe.
Not just that, like the saying, ”there is the seed of both good and evil” there is a possibility to increasing rate for cyber-attacks and crimes as well.
Most of us are not even aware of the attacks happening in our systems unless the loss has occurred, comes to our knowledge.
With a drastic growth in protocols to increase security and reduce cyber threats, it was observed that people with poor security to protect their wireless network are targeted the most to hack into and retrieve data.
Most of the Cybercrimes performed on wireless networks is because of the poorly protected wireless networks. So, it is important and suggested to change wifi password spectrum frequently.
If you are wondering on how to change wifi password spectrum, then follow the information provided below.
Why change wifi password spectrum?
We cannot stress how important it is to protect the passwords. If you store all of the passwords in your email’s inbox, then let me tell you that it is easy prey as your email ID can be known by anybody.
With some ethical hacking done at the background, it is way too easier to get hands onto those passwords as well.
Nearly 90% of the Cyber-attacks that are conducted on single users happen because of poor password management. With the increase rate in cybercrimes, we must take our business of protecting passwords seriously.
There are a lot of common backgrounds that can serve as a stigma for hackers to get into our systems. One such loose end that we are connected to is the wireless network.
We should have access to the most complex passwords and the most crucial point here is, the ability to keep them confidential.
Bursting the myth:
There is a common myth circulating among many is that the WiFi network cannot be hacked. Which is a piece of false information, because the WiFi router is also a hardware device and deals with software.
In consequence, the credibility of the network you use highly depends on the firewall settings the provider has to offer.
This one detail is never known by the consumer. That is why this myth is still a popular belief among the masses.
Best ways on How to Change WiFi Password on Spectrum?
Before changing your WiFi password, you need to find your default password. Both Windows and mac provide you with options to find it in case you have forgotten.
If you wish to change the default password to a new password, then you can find the default password on the product label.
Follow these below steps on how to change wifi password spectrum
- For this, you need to sign in to your Spectrum account. If there is no account listed with Spectrum, you can always create one.
- Next, locate the option Services. And select the option that says the Internet.
- Now, you need to choose the down arrow in blue colour. It will provide you with information and details of your gateway
- It will display your SSID and password.
- Next, click on the Update option
- Here, make necessary changes as per your requirements and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you have applied the changes, click on Save Changes.
How to how to change wifi password spectrum Online?
If you have already registered your online wifi spectrum account, then it is easy to change your WiFi password online. This will come in handy, at times, when you are not connected to the router and want to change the password.
follow the below-given steps to change wifi password spectrum online:
- For this, you will require to launch a web browser
- Next, visit Spectrum.net
- Now, enter your Spectrum username and password.
- Finally, click on Services
The rest of the steps are similar to the ones that we discussed above.
How to change the Spectrum WiFi password on Mobile App?
You can also choose to change your spectrum wifi password using the mobile app. You can find the My Spectrum App on your respective app stores.
- First, Launch the app and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, enter your Spectrum username and password.
- Now, click on Sign in to the service
- Nex, you need to tap on View & Edit Network Info.
- Now, type in your new password or network name details.
- Finally, save the changes you have made.
Why use Spectrum?
Spectrum users are one step ahead when it comes to protection as they get better-improved firewall and WiFi protection systems configurations in comparison to others.
A hacker has to break through so many complex security levels to get access over the internet. Even with all the latest technology, the threat to getting hacked is still prevailing.
This can be mitigated by changing the WiFi password of the Spectrum network. Once done with changing the passwords to a stronger and more complex one, the risk of getting hacking is lowered to the minimum.
The probability that your network may get hacked is if you slip out the password by any chance.
Follow these below-given steps to upgrade the password of your spectrum network:
- For this, you need to connect your personal computer to the WiFi network.
- Next, type the following in the URL link box http://192.168.0.1
- Now, log in to your wifi spectrum account and enter the user ID and password.
- Here, select the WiFi options and type in your new WiFi password into the text box
- Make sure to change the name of the network and save the changes.
- Finally, switch off and on the router and login to your devices again with your new password.
Well, these were some of the methods to change wifi password spectrum. Try them out to see which method suits your needs the best.
Here are some ways that you can implement when protecting your passwords:
- Change the password of your spectrum network every two weeks or a month. As a result of that, you will become less of an easy target to get cyber attacked.
- Make sure to never share your password with individuals whom you might not know. This is a common blunder done by a lot of people. When you give out the password to an unknown person, the risk of it circulating is high so does your system getting attacked.
- Change the router configuration every two months and the router hardware every year. It will make sure that your network is not always in the prone zone.
- Keep track of all the devices that are associated with your network. With continuous monitoring, it becomes easy to determine any unusual activity that may happen in the wireless network.
- Make sure to upgrade the router settings to WPA2 settings as this provides better protection against cybercrimes.
- Never keep the default network names that are provided with your networks. With the help of the default name, it becomes easy to detect the last used password of your wifi network.
Regardless, most of the cyber threats and crimes happened due to weak or stolen passwords. If your password is not strong, then the probability of you getting attacked is high.
- How to change Wifi Password Spectrum
- Setup Asus RT-AC66u Router
- login to Xfinity Router
- 192.168.1.10 IP address Guide
- Wifi connected No Internet
- How to Fix Personal Hotspot if not working
- How to kick people off from wifi
- Jiofi.Local.Html Login Guide
We hope this article has been helpful to you. In the above article, we have given out all the information on why and how to change wifi password spectrum.
This is pretty much everything you need to know on how to change wifi password spectrum and also the name of your spectrum network.
Once you are done with the process, the network is now protected from any sort of cyberattacks that may happen to your system.
Make sure to change and upgrade your passwords especially at times, when you notice an unusual login activity or change in the password or the name of the network at the earliest.
If you have any other queries related to this article, let us know in the comment section below. If you know any other method that we have not mentioned in this article, share with us in the comment box.
Feel free to share this article with your near and dear one that is facing the same issue.